IPL News " He is my Young Brother ,Harbhajan Says after Mohali Row

IPL News Just when the cricket world was beginning to enjoy a new-found harmony and camaraderie among international players in the IPL, the unthinkable happened between two Indian players.
On Friday night, S Sreesanth was allegedly slapped by Harbhajan Singh after the match between Mumbai Indians and Kings XI Punjab came to an end.
Sreesanth was seen on camera breaking down in front of his teammates minutes after the Kings XI Punjab team defeated the Mumbai Indians by 66 runs in Mohali.
Kings XI Punjab skipper Yuvraj Singh also told the media that "the act" was unacceptable but did not confirm if Harbhajan slapped Sreesanth.
"That was unacceptable behavior. But Harbhajan late came to the dressing and spoke with Sree and am sure apologised," Yuvraj said.
Bhajji, Sree say no love lost over 'friendly slap'The coach of Kings XI Punjab, Tom Moody said the matter must be left with the authorities to deal with.
"I had a long chat with Sree. This was unacceptable. I don't know what the ramifications will be but I am sure officials will deal with it in their own fashion," he said.
When CNN-IBN's Nishant Arora spoke with the two players, both played down the incident.
"He didn't slap me. May be the handshake was in the wrong place," Sreesanth said. However, he did let it slip that he was a "little hurt".
"It was just a misunderstanding, a part of the game. After all we all play together and share the same dressing room. So I did not take it too seriously and have not much to complain about him (Harbhajan). We all know Bhajji and need not take it seriously. I was a little hurt but am fine with it," he said.
He also said Harbhajan apologised later. "I just cried because, I don't know. I am fine, he spoke with me, apologised. But there was no need because end of the day, we play for the same team and we have to go together a long way. Whatever happens in IPL should not be taken too seriously as end of the day it's just entertainment. Whatever happened shouldn't have happened but it's okay," he said.
Harbhajan too confirmed this and said they had kissed and made up. "It's not a big issue, people making it an issue. As far as both of us are concerned, the matter is solved. Nothing happened between us. he is like my younger brother and respects me. I did push him, may be just a little too hard, but later apologised. We sat, we talked and it's over. I told him I was sorry if he felt bad. We have been together for so long and have to go a long way. These things are between us. We are over with it."
Harbhajan's mother Avtar Kaur says they should talk the matter out. "What can I say, I was not even watching the match. But both of them should resolve their differences and reconcile," she said.
IPL Chairman Lalit Modi says the authorities have not received any complain and will take action only after an official complain is lodged.

He also said if match referee complains, action will be taken according to the ICC law.

No comments: